Thursday, August 5, 2010

Chai Tea and Front Porches

I am ADDICTED to Starbucks hot chai tea latte!! It is pretty bad too. Every morning I get in my jeep and drive to Starbucks.

Oh, did I mention that I was still in my pj's and socks? Yeah it is that bad! I NEED it right away! I tried making my own, but it just doesn't taste the same.

It does get a tad pricey but it is my one vice so I say why the heck not!


mmmmmmmm...............


Anyway, this morning I was think that it would be great to have a front porch to sit on and enjoy my morning cup of chai.


Like may be this one....


or this one.


This screened in porch looks very nice and peaceful!


Then there is my favorite...........(I have seen this in many blogs so I know that you all love this as much as I do!)

However.....




This is my front porch!!





Ready??








It is a sad, sad little porch. It is not even big enough for a chair or at least a chair with a body in it.


The side walk goes litterally into our house....not to a door, to our house!

We added on to our kitchen and had to move the wall out which took half of our porch and walkway.


We were going to add a porch this summer but as bad luck would have it our basement flooded last year and our funds went to that and all the cleanup.

So our little porch has to wait.



I have aways wanted a covered porch like the first two pictures, but we were thinking about a pergola that extended from the house with either concrete or wood decking for a floor.


Isn't it cute!


It is nice and breezy in our front yard and we are very shaded by big oak trees.
I would want a porch swing as well with lots of pillows to sit and swing and drink my chai in the morning!


We have lots of time to look around while we build our budget back up but, a girl can dream can't she??


Do you have a favorite spot to sit??



4 comments:

Kristin @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia said...

You have a great space to add on your perfect porch~ Sorry about the flooding, always something as a homeowner :(
Have a great weekend!

michelle said...

I hope so Kristin! I love front porches and I hope that we are able to get one by next summer. So many ideas swirling around in my head! :)

René said...

Yes please. I would love all of those front porches too. Oh the challenges of being a homeowner. Just think, now you have an entire year to plan your new porch.

I must try that tea.

-Rene

Heather ~Pretty Petals said...

Oh I LOVE starbucks!! I go through phases... I go alot...then I ban myself. It is a horrible cycle. lol

LOVE the porches. I always dream of a big old porch! SOrry to hear about your flooding. I hope you get your porch soon. xoxo

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails