Monday, June 13, 2011

Thank You!

I just wanted to thank you all,
from the bottom of my heart.
for all your kind and wonderful words of support regarding the passing of our Rodman.

I thank you for sharing some of your stories about your fur babies and my heart goes out to all of you that have loved and lost your faithful friends. It is the hardest thing to have to do but the joy that they bring to us while they are here is so much more than the grief that we feel when they have to leave, at least in the long run.

It has been a difficult weekend and the house just feels empty.
I know it will take some time to get used to and we are showing our little Baja lots of love and attention.
The kids have been doing good with all this and lots of tears have been shed and many questions asked.

My son is feeling back to his normal naughty self, which I will take over being sick any day, and we are officially on summer vacation now that school is done.

This weekend I have been watching this when I get the chance:

'Wings' is by far my favorite show and every time I watch I laugh and fall in love with the cast and Nantucket all over again.
Maybe one of these days we can get back there again.

When I am feeling down, I pop in the DVD's and start from the beginning.
Even the kids have enjoyed watching.
I have to tell you they don't make sitcoms like this anymore.

(Brian is my favorite) :)

This week is supposed to be nice so hopefully we will get out to the beach.
We have already started our summer appointments this morning and next week my daughter will be diving into one of the teenage rite of passages and getting braces!!
She is not amused to say the least.



I hope you all enjoy your week and please join the ever-so-sweet Caroline at The Feminist Housewife this week to take a peek into a few refrigerators from some wonderful bloggers in her series
What's in your fridge?
At the end of the series you can join up as well and show what you have in your fridge!! :)

Just click the button below!
I will be sharing my fridge tomorrow!!




Photobucket

18 comments:

At The Picket Fence said...

I'm so glad to hear your little guy is doing better Michelle! And I think I have seen absolutely every episode of Wings! :-) Love that show. Wish they would bring it back in re-runs!
Vanessa

Sarah @ Modern Country Style said...

Hi lovely,

That's great that your son is back to 'normal'!! And I'm so sorry to hear about your dog passing away. The photos looked adorable and I'm sure he'll leave a huge great hole in your heart.

Big warm hugs to you,
Sarahxxxx

Brandi said...

so glad your son is feeling better Michelle. i used to watch Wings all time too. Lowell was my favorite.

Ms. Bake-it said...

Hello Michelle,

I am sorry to hear about Rodman. He sounds like he was a wonderful companion. He was quite handsome.

I am glad to hear your son is feeling better. Oh how well I remember the braces... my son was so bad about taking care of his and I had to constantly monitor him. So glad those days are over!

~ Tracy

Patinaware said...

hi michelle - i'm sorry to hear about yr sweet
Rodman ♥

i stopped by the night you posted, but it was very late, and i wasn't feeling well , so i held off on commenting.

i've been there a few times over the years, so i feel yr pain.
i always say "i will never get another", but then i come across the "shelter babies", and i have to adopt.

i'm happy to hear yr son is feeling better today!:-)

thanks for the comment on my blog post!
i got a return message from her :-)

off to check-out "The Feminist Housewife"

have a great week!

~ Stormy

Martina said...

I feel so sorry for your loss Michelle! I know what it feels like to loose an animal friend and how empty the house is Monday hugs!

Polly said...

Oh Michelle, I just logged on and saw this and I'm so sorry. It's just awful to lose a pup. Wishing you peace...

Polly

Ryan said...

Michelle- Just read your posting. I am so sorry. Sending you good thoughts.

Ryan

Deborah said...

So glad that he's getting back to normal hunny :)
Thats a relief!
Thinking of you all and holding you close in heart xoxo
Love you so!!

Deborah xoxooxoxoxoxoxxo

Anonymous said...

The sadness will eventually give way to happy memories, and he will always be in your hearts. I haven't seen Wings but from reading the comments it sounds very worth watching. Sending you all hugs

x

NanaDiana said...

Glad your son is feeling better..and I know how empty your house will feel for a while. Would you believe I have never watched that show? I guess I will have to see if I can find it now. I get on my old Columbo kick every once in a while and watch all of them all over again..love the way his mind worked.

Hope your evening is wonderful! xo Diana

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you lost an important member of your family. It is so tough losing a pet.

I think it's great you got your kids to watch Wings. It's one of my favorite sitcoms. My favorite character on that show's got to be Lowell. The Tony Shalhoub character, Antonio, is pretty hilarious too.

Jenni said...

Oh Michelle, I am SO sorry to hear about your losing your dog! That is so hard! I am going to be praying for you and your family.

Hugs to you~
Jenni

Gypsea Nurse said...

you know I am sending huge hugs and love..
Been low on the radar lately....
sorry...
xoxo
C

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Good morning sweet Michelle! I am happy to hear that the little one is back to his busy little self!!! I would rather see these boys and girls in there naughty but darling mode than to see them ill...it just breaks your heart. BUT all is back to normal, but the empty feeling that comes from the absence of your sweet fur boy will take some time to heal....bless you dearest, and soak in the blue hues of summer skies and waters deep. THANK YOU FOR VISITING! Anita

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Glad your son is feeling better Michelle. I used to love to watch Wings...a show full of so many great characters! Laughter is the best medicine isn't it!

Claudia Fabiana said...

Best wishes to you with your family.

I loved Wings, especially Tim Daly, sooo cute!

ciao from Newport Beach!

michele said...

thinking of you as you continue to grieve and heal. love your positive attitude and obvious strength.

have a wonderful week, friend. i am hopping over to see your frig!

michele

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails